The Hotel Felicidad building was constructed on June 19, 1918 over an older "bahay na bato" of the 18th century period by spouses Dr. Filadelfo De Leon, Sr. and Doña Primitiva Donato. The couple were blessed with eight children, three of whom died in their infancy. The five surviving children were Dr. Filadelfo Jr., Mary, Julian, Clemente, and Mario.
In 1962, Clemente (or "Inting" as he was more popularly known) bought his siblings rights to the house and had it restored and renovated in 1968 with four additional rooms and expanded garages for his growing family and for the grand parties he and his wife tendered. Inting was a successful businessman and was into trucking and rice wholesale trading. He was married to Feliza Singson Crisologo (Felizing) and they were blessed with four children.
Felizing's older siblings were Patrocino, Floro, Lucia, Francisco, Anita, and Caridad who was the popular matriarch of the Singson clan.
subsequently, the house was inherited by two of Inting and Felizing's children, Marite and John-John who turned it into La Feliza Tourist Inn. It was later acquired by a private corporation and was restored and refurbished to become Hotel Felicidad (a combination of the names of the two sisters Feliza and Caridad), which means "HAPPINESS" in Spanish.